Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?

You know, I think that we seriously have a problem. There is an extreme shortage of good men out there. It seems as though all the ones that I've encountered aren't about shit. They don't do shit, ain't got shit, and don't wanna be shit. I meet guys who either don't have a job, their own place, or a car and hell in some cases all of the above, and they are perfectly fine with it. Seriously, like what the fuck? I happened to be out with my friend, Tiffany and her niece Vinesha. Vinesha is like 15 or 16 or whatever the hell, and she mentions that she is going out on a date. I thought that this was cute, so I started asking questions, such as "What will you all be doing? Where is he taking you? How are y'all getting there?" etc. and I was just a tad bit taken aback. The young man, who is also sixteen will be picking her up in his car, and taking her to dinner and a movie. It took a minute for this shit to kick in. Okay. This dude, who is in school and also working, has a car, and will be taking her out to dinner and a movie. I was impressed and jealous. Not only are this young man's parents doing something right to where he knows that if he wants to do something that he will have to work for it, but he is actually doing it! I was jealous, shit. Here this kid is at 16 working, has his own car (how he got it, I'm unaware, but at least he's rolling) and can afford to take the both of them out. Whenever I'm on a date, I have to go get them (because they have no car) pay for dinner (because they have no job) and then come back to my place if I decide to (because they don't have one of their own).

Most of the times, the guys are my age or OLDER. And you still don't have it together??? What the hell? Why do I seem to find the scrubs? Where are the guys that are holding themselves down and not have to depend on someone else, or want to be taken care of? I seem to meet nothing but guys that expect me to do for them, and don't want to do for themselves. They just want the world given to them, and after my last encounter, I refuse to do that. I wonder what happened to the caliber and breed of men. They have become sorry ass lazy motherfuckers that have lost their drive and determination. I could never just sit at someone's house and wait for someone to give me money or take me places. I couldn't see me not doing for myself. Why would you want to be that person? Why would you want someone that is that person?

Where the hell are the real men? Those who go to work and take care of themselves. Men, who not only have something to bring to the table, but who HAS a table? Where are y'all? I need one of you. This shit out here.... I don't know. I think I'm almost done with this dating thing if this is all that people have to offer. I'm almost thirty and getting tired... fuck...

Til' next time.

Comments

  1. Love,

    When I notice myself meeting the same sorry man time after time, I take a real serious minute to re-evaluate me. Because what am I giving off that makes them think its ok to use me.. cause it isn't!!! The one is definitely out there; sometimes it just takes longer to weed through the bad ones!!

    Peace and much love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

When is enough, enough?